Terms and Conditions
By using Big Mama Home Services (“Big Mama”, we or us) services, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Big Mama reserves the right to refuse cleaning any garment.
- Big Mama will do our utmost to remove stains, however there is no guarantee that every stain can be removed on all fabrics. We will not waive charges due to our inability to remove a stain.
- Big Mama will charge the cleaning cost of all items on our price list, unless you believe the depreciated value of your garment exceeds ten (10) times the cleaning charge. In such case, please declare the value in which the garment will be cleaned at 1/10th of the declared value.
- Liability for any reason (including but not limited to lost or damaged items) is limited to the lesser of ten (10) times the cleaning cost or the depreciated value of the item as determined by the International Fair Claims Guide published by the International Fabricare Institute (IFI), not exceeding $150.00 whichever is lowest. Once the item has been compensated, it remains the property of Big Mama.
- Big Mama’s liability shall be limited to the terms contained herein and shall only apply to the individual item which has been damaged or lost. In the event that items are priced in one lump sum or are part of a set (such as curtains or cushion covers) and should any damage occur which is the fault of Big Mama, the liability shall be based upon ten (10) times the apportioned cleaning cost for that individual item (part of a set).
- Kindly remove valuable, personal or ornamental items attached to or left on the garment. Big Mama is not responsible for the loss of item(s) not removed prior to cleaning.
- Big Mama shall not be liable for items with a defect in the design, material, dyes or construction, have residual stains or have accessories or ornaments which don’t withstand cleaning. Any damage or stains discovered before cleaning are to be taken as having occurred before collection.
- Big Mama shall not be liable for garments without any care label affixed to the garment. Your items will be cleaned according to the care label, unless specified by you. If there are no care labels, your item will be cleaned according to our experience.
- Big Mama shall not be liable for loss or damage due to load wash service (wash by per kg).
- Please check upon collection on the number and condition of items. If you are not present to give us or receive your items, your appointed receiver will be deemed as acceptance of our terms and conditions. Big Mama will not be liable for claims relating to missing items after collection.
- Any claims or irregularities with respect to the condition of your garment must be made within (24) hours from the time the garment/item is collected.
- Big Mama will contact you for the collection of items, if collection is not made after two (2) weeks from our store. Garments left for more than two (2) month from the date of receipt by Big Mama will either be donated to charity of our choice or sell by public auction for charitable purposes, with no further claims against Big Mama. Big Mama shall not be responsible for any involuntary loss occasioned by such donations.
- Big Mama will begin to perform the service only upon receiving full payment from the Customer for the Service(s). Service(s) provided are based on the measurements provided at the time of the Customer’s first fitting. Any changes in Customer’s measurements after the first fitting which cause additional or different Service(s) to be performed will be subjected to additional charges.
- All articles must be inspected and customer’s dissatisfaction, if any, shall be made known at time of collection, Big Mama shall not be responsible for subsequent complaints.
- All claims must be made within (24) hours from the garment/item is collected. If the garments should be damaged/lost while in the Big Mama’s custody, such liability shall based on the depreciated value of the article, not exceeding 5 times the alteration charges of the affected garment, and capped at a maximum of $100 per item. In the event of a customer complaint, the Customer undertakes to give Big Mama the opportunity to rectify all works.
- A tolerance of 2cm shall be applied to the pattern measurements that relate to the manual measurements.
- Cut out fabrics will be recycled unless customer specifically requests otherwise.
- All garments must be cleaned before alteration, Big Mama reserve the right to reject customer’s item.
- Item not collected after (2) months will be donated to charity.
- The Big Mama will not be responsible for any pre-existing condition that is not apparent upon visual inspection of the items.
- Payment of the price shall be made in full upon the date of the order.
Air-con Cleaning Service
- Scope of Service:
A) Normal Aircon Service
• Wash the Filter
• Vacuum the Drain Pipe
• Wash the Drainage Tray
• Clean the Fan Blower
• 30 days warranty (water leaking only)
B) Chemical Overhaul Service
• Dismantle the whole indoor unit
• Chemical Wash Evaporator Coil, Water Tray, Fan Blower, Cover & Filter
• Vacuum the Drain Pipe
• Check Gas (Top up for free)
• 90 days warranty on service workmanship (on scope of service only)
- The customer shall ensure that the Big Mama’s personnel have full and safe access to the aircon at all reasonable times for the purpose of providing the Services.
- If Customer fails to provide Big Mama’s personnel the access to the residence where the aircon is located at the booked schedule, the visit shall be considered as one servicing job performed.
- Customer should make sure any furniture or any house decorations are clear from the aircon, in order to prevent unnecessary damage or loss/cost incurred. In the event any furniture or decoration is blocking the aircon, Big Mama will not be liable for any damage or loss incurred whatsoever.
Bag Cleaning Service
- Removing stains completely is not guaranteed. Upon clients’ requests, Big Mama can provide our service to remove the stains. This will be done at the clients’ own risk. Additional charges at the prevailing rates apply. Big Mama reserves the right to refuse to service the item at any time.
- Clients should make sure that the conditions checklist form accurately indicates major blemishes spotted at the time of deposit and understand that the blemish may/may not be improved or worsened by services rendered by Big Mama.
- The drawings indicated in the Condition Checklist or blemishes pointed to customer by Big Mama staff at the time of deposit, do not indicate blemishes / fungi / water marks that are less than 0.5cm and not visible to the eye at the time of deposit.
- Clients may be informed of other blemishes spotted by Big Mama after deposit via phone, text or email.
- Big Mama exercises our utmost care in the services of every item entrusted to us. We use methods and chemicals that are best suited to the nature and conditions of each individual item to our knowledge. We will fulfill our promise to deliver coloured item(s) as close as possible to our client(s)’ request(s). Kindly note that the original colour of the item(s) may likely affect the end product. Therefore Big Mama may not be able to guarantee that the colour will be exactly as requested. Clients must pay the agreed-upon charges prior to service.
- Big Mama tried as hard as possible to track loose item(s) found in the item(s) sent to us. We will not be held responsible for loose items such as jewelry, cash, detachable buttons, cufflinks, dust bags, boxes, etc. We request that clients empty every compartment prior to leaving items with us.
- Big Mama does not take responsibility for any intrinsic weakness or defects found in materials. In the process of dry cleaning, we cannot guarantee for colour loss or against damage to weak and tender fabrics.
- Vachetta leather ages with time and thus colours vary on different parts of the leather. Cleaning removes dirt, dust and grime from the leather. After cleaning, the leather will appear lighter/darker at different parts of the leather according to usage. Please note that Big Mama cannot be responsible for the varying tones of leather.
- Any items must be claimed within 14 days from the date of collection as stated on the receipt. Big Mama will not hold any form of liability of unclaimed items beyond the 14-day period. All unclaimed items may be disposed off after the expiry date.
- Any items will be kept at out store for a maximum of 1 month, after which, items will be sent back to our workshop and delivery charge will apply if the items are not disposed and are still at our workshop.
- Subject to the above conditions, the maximum liability assumed by Big Mama is no more than five times the regular service charge of each article if it is proven to be damaged due to our negligence. Compensation will be in accordance to the second hand market price of the item at that time. Proof of purchase is required to prove the authenticity of the bag.
Upholstery & House Cleaning
Big Mama and its employees will take all necessary care during the normal course of work. In the event of any incident that may result in the loss or accidental damage of our customer’s property, we will adopt the following procedures:
- When the loss or damage has come to our attention, we will immediately notify our customer. If when the Company has no knowledge and the incident is discovered & informed by the customer, the Company will immediately set up an investigation.
- The Investigation will involve an interview involving the immediate housekeeper prior to the incident. This may even extend to those previous housekeepers who have done the cleaning for that apartment or house. If the incident is discovered by the Customer, we may even interview him/her on the nature or circumstances of the discovery. As difficult as it may be, we will proceed with the investigation in an objective manner. The final outcome of the investigation will be made known to the Customer.
The investigation outcome can be conclusive or inconclusive. For an Inconclusive Outcome, the Company may decline any forms of claim and may award an amount based on goodwill. For a Conclusive Investigation, if the responsibility lies solely with the Company, then any compensation value will be capped at one session contract/service fee.
Modes of ‘Compensation’
- To repair any damages if possible
- To replace if items cannot be repaired
- To compensate loss item after due consideration for depreciation (usually 5 years)
For financial compensation, proof of purchase (receipts) must be furnished. If no receipts can be obtained, then the Company will rely on its assessment. Final decision is at the discretion of the Company.
The following items will not be considered for compensations:
- Discoloration of materials (e.g. any fabric like fading of colours, any surfaces etc.)
- Chipping of items that does not render the item useless
- Anything that does not cause any malfunctioning of equipment or does not affect the performance of the affected appliances
- Accidental breakage of ceiling lights.
- Any damages relating to standing fans.
- Any properties damaged due to normal course of depreciation or through constant usage of said item (wear & tear exclusion).